Hey friends! I missed Links, Likes, and Love last week because of the tendinitis in my shoulder. I thought for today’s I would share some EXTRA with you. These are still all things that I find super awesome and I totally think you should check them all out.
Links- all the links I’m sharing this week are sites that I visit if not daily at least several times a week. They provide a huge amount of inspiration for me, especially that last few weeks when I haven’t been able to craft as much as I’d like to, they’ve given me things to think about and plan.
- Be Up & Doing– This is my friend Allie’s blog. She covers a huge variety of topics, which is why I love it so much. My interests are wide and varied as well, and they often overlap with Allie’s blog. She recently has gone full-time freelance and I know she is going to rock it because she is so awesome.
- The Zen of Making– Haley Pierson-Cox is a crafty, granny-glasses wearing, Brooklyn gal with a crush on all things DIY. And to be honest, I have a huge crafting crush on Haley (she’s aware). She tries her hand at a little bit of everything, and her geek crafts are the best (TARDIS EVERYTHING). She’s awesome on Twitter too.
- Craft– My interest in Craft is highly influenced by Haley, but there is a serious amount of great projects of all shapes and sizes culled from all over the internet.
- Ravelry– Ravelry is an amazing community of knitters, spinners, crocheters, etc. There is an endless amount of patterns, forums, groups, and users on Ravelry. I don’t use it as often as some people, but is definitely a great source of information that I consult on a very regular basis.
- I have probably read more in the last 5 weeks, than I did in the last five years. For a long time I had chronic headaches. They had a lot of different causes, and one thing that has helped is cutting my dreadlocks and having short hair. Nothing is squeezing my head anymore at least. This past week I read Diving Into the Wreck by Kristine Kathryn Rusch. I have become well versed in science fiction television since becoming ill five years ago, but this has been one of my first forays into reading the genre. Diving Into the Wreck is the first in a series and so far I am loving. I knew about halfway through the book I was enjoying it, and now I can’t wait to read the next in the series. Bonus points: I’m getting it them from the LIBRARY. Libraries are so cool.
- Greuyere cheese- This is my favorite cheese ever. I think it’s important to have a favorite cheese and I love it’s rich gooeyness. I’ve been eating more than I probably should when I go to Stauf’s for lunch I get a turkey, bacon, Greuyere sandwich on gluten free bread. SO TASTY.
|This is a mixture of Alpaca and Merino wool, I crocheted a pretty great fuzzy beanie with this.|
|This is Mohair and Romney Wool. The left skein is two ply and the other two are single ply.|
|This is Mohair and Romney Wool single ply, one of the favorites I’ve done so far.|